Wednesday, January 28, 2009

snow and swimming

Today started out like any other day. I woke up, wished I had more time to sleep, and clumsily stumbled out of bed to get ready for class.

There was a lot of ice, but not on the main roads. I was expecting to wake up to a frozen tundra, but it was mostly just slush, EVERYWHERE. Of course, my fellow classmates milked it for all it was worth, because atleast half of my 9 am class was missing.

I took a spanish test today. I know I missed atleast one. I forgot the "a" in buena for the phrase "buena salud." Oh well.

After Spanish, I went to Ray's, ate easy mac and took a nap. When I woke up, my car was covered in about 4 inches of snow. Lovely. Around 3:30, after I un-burried (is that a word?) my car, I tried to back out, and of course my lovely bug was stuck. That car is so low to the ground. So Ray had to push it out while I went in reverse and the poor boy got muddy slush all over him.

For dinner, I ate spaghetti and ravioli at Marlene's with Bailey, Lizzy, Monica and Marlene. Then after discussing traumatizing dog encounters, I mentioned how I wanted to swim and Bailey and Marlene agreed. Lizzy was hesitant, but gave in to the peer pressure :)

So off we went, to the ARC. While talking about swimming and on the way there we discussed how the pool would probably be empty, like it usually was. However, when we arrived it was a Sig Tau and DZ mixer! Yes!!!

So, we hung out in the deep end while the Sig Taus and DZ played an awful game of keep the ball up. We had a swimming contest, did exercises and played with a pool noodle.

The creepy lifeguard I met the last time I swam was there too. I was happy to see him using the exact same lines on every girl in the swimming pool. "Is the water warm enough for you?" I wonder if a girl said "no," he'd magically be able to turn up the heat somehow. I'm guessing not. I don't think lifeguards have that kind of pull.

Now, I am about to go to sleep. I have an 8 am tomorrow. I'm planning on waking up to a ton of lovely snow from which I will have to dig my car out of. I can't wait!

No comments: