Sunday, January 4, 2009

I made a discovery

I just spent the last half hour reading xkcd webcomics and am in love. Thank you digg for this find.
Here are a few of my favorites.











And I could keep going with this because, to be honest, nearly every one i read was my favorite. This should be a sufficient sampling though.

-----------

In other news, I love how when managers don't use your on-call shifts, they act like they are doing something nice for you.
Me: Hi, LJ. It's Liz. I was just calling to see if you needed my on-call shift today.
LJ: You know what, Liz? Go ahead and have the day off!

What? Oh thanks... I guess. I'm only scheduled 4 hours this week and I was really hoping to keep it that way.

WhatEV.

In other related work news, there was an associate offer to get two $68 bras for $25. Of course I was all for that. The bra is pretty basic and comfortable, however the reason it is $68 is because it's supposed to firm your bust after 4 weeks of wearing it, with "complete rejuvenation" after 8 weeks. I'm sorry, a bra can do some amazing things for a woman, but actually changing the firmness of her chest area, is not one of them.

Yesterday was a family trip to my aunt's house. She lives an hour away in Butler. My Aunt LOVES games. Not that I don't like playing games with the family, but we play Pictionary, girls vs boys. Granted, this would be fine if my mother and my aunt weren't completely scatterbrained, and my dad and uncle weren't college educated geniuses.

My brother, of course, was his usual asshole self for this gathering. It's nice to see he doesn't pretend to be a nice, young gentlemen for anyone. He keeps it real. My cousin christina picked up the word "hanger," so Obv, she draws a hanger and we guess it right away. Then my brother has to of course say "I would have guessed abortion." My mother was, of course, appalled.

WHAT. REALLY. gah. So unnecessary. Yet, I guess also kind of hilarious if you ignore how gross it really is.

And that is all I will write for today, children. Until next time.

1 comment:

Joe said...

your brother is hilarious. +1