Friday, January 2, 2009

THE ray miles

That's right. THE Ray Miles was here. He arrived Tuesday evening and I'm sad to say he just left a little over an hour ago.

On Tuesday night we went to wing night with some of my friends and then went to see "Yes Man" at The Mills. It wasn't really how I expected it to be, which was probably for the best because I wasn't expecting much. I thought it was pretty funny.

On New Years Eve, we attempted to find a salvation army store downtown. The mission failed miserably. We ended up at the Good Will on McKnight Rd. Ray ended up purchasing a plaid winter vest. It was a good find. We also went up to Ross Park Mall and found an interesting machine-type thing which we believe is supposed to help with your posture, but who knows if thats right. Here's the video below.



Afterwards, we went to try to find him some shoes at Burlington, but had no luck. All of this was just filler while we waited for the half price appetizers at Apple Bee's. And it was worth the wait, because it was amazing.

Then, we went home and took a much needed nap. It was so nice to get to snuggle up with him for those couple days. I don't think it gets any better. We then went to a party at my friend Tim's house. Um, it was an okay party I guess. As good as a party can get. It was nice to see familiar faces. But at the same time, most of the people there I wouldn't consider true friends. Just people I hang out with during the summer because no one better is around.

We stayed for maybe an hour and left for a party at my neighbor's house. I liked the party at my neighbor's much better. I probably should of just said forget the friends and hung out there the whole time instead.

I got my kiss at midnight... twice, because my mother wanted to catch it with the camera and forget to take the lens cap off.


New Years Day, we went to my gram's for dinner. Then we decided to go on a little adventure for a coffee shop with wifi and ended up getting sushi in the South Side. We then took a walk around the Point and froze to death. Then, we went home for awhile and Ray decided he needed some more half price appetizers so we went to Apple Bee's for round two and it was a great decision.

Then, this morning we were going to go to the museum, but instead, slept in. We decided we'd save the museum for another day.

It was so nice to finally get to see him again and I was sad to see him have to leave. Thankfully, we'll both be back at SRU next weekend, so it won't be long until I get to see him again!

I don't want to get too mushy on here, but I'm thankful for every day I get to spend with him. He just brings so much into my life, and now that he's such a major part of it, I don't know what I'd ever do without him.

So, I'm starting the new year with an amazing relationship, I'll be Rocket free, I have a new internship, and I'm going to try to learn a thing or two from Ray and become more confident in myself and the things I do. And I'm going to try not to stress about things as much.

Sounds like 2009 may shape up to be quite the year.

No comments: